mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Entertainers Forum > Restaurants
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Begining Restaurant List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
balloongineer View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
11-07*

Quote balloongineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Begining Restaurant List
    Posted: 25 March 2007 at 10:23pm
Hello all,

What would you say are your 5-10 best restaurant sculptures to make?

I am looking to compile a list of what I should be learning.

Thank you to all.smiley4

Michael

mj@balloonswithheart.com
"Where everything we do is from the Heart!!!"
benny_pr View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
05-09

Quote benny_pr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 9:09am
I guess that That pretty much depends mostly on location (tropical island lots of monkeys on palm trees & coqui = little brown frogs), what's new on the 'pop' culture... and if you took something as demo to the restaurant...... but for me.. the most requested are

penguin..... monkey... blue dog.... princess (cinderella)..... nemo..... flower... spiderman

but then again most of them are on the first page of my menu..... (except nemo & Penguin)

hmmm i wonder if thats related???
Benny
787-616-1111
www.BennysBalloonArt.com

Life is what happens to You while you are busy making other plans.
---------------------
No Balloonimals were harmed during the writing of this post
JesterMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
04-07

Quote JesterMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:33am
Everything that Benny said (though I rarely get asked for a princess, but do many Princess Hats). Dolphins are big, once I've done 1 the ole Red Tickle Puppet is often requested, aliens are also very popular, either on the head, or made with a body to hold. One note about aliens. (I do the one that uses 2 balloons for the entire body, then a pre-printed head and a clear round over it.) I find it worth the extra $ to get them with pre-printed faces, and add the clear helmet over it. The reaction of this, VS drawing a face, which means no helmet, is much greater. Often they are astonished to see the face inside, and I try to keep them from seeing it until after the helmet is inflated. So they end up surprised by the double-stuffing, the clear helmet, and the face all at once. And it is faster to do, especially if you pre-stuff, which you can do while doing something else such as watching the news on TV, or reading posts.

Interactive toys also get a big response, such as a clear with a ball inside, curled, or twisted on a hat. Also, a frog with a tongue that can be shot into the frog's mouth. Uncle Curt has one on "More Good Stuff".

JesterMan

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!

"destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology..." FZ

www.JesterMan.com
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
Mikec View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-07*

Quote Mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 9:30pm
I for the most part have stopped taking requests... but I give out more hats than anything...

and after I get all 3 vol of twisted critters I will add even more hats to what I make....

My Top ones I do are.. (and they change every so often to keep people commin back)

Alien, Alien Hitchhiker, Garfield/ Tigger, Flower w/ ladybug, Don Caldwels Ladybug braclet, Monkey on a palm tree (or just a palm tree for a bahama mama) , Dragon hat (usualy on dad and all the kids get swords to slay the dragon)
Don't worry about the balloon dog biting you, they worry more about you biting them..
POP!!!
Balloon Guy Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply