mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > New Entertaining Products > Books
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

How To Make $50,000 A Year Or More As A Balloon Ar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
passingair View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote passingair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Make $50,000 A Year Or More As A Balloon Ar
    Posted: 12 October 2006 at 7:22pm
I bought Rhino's book "How To Make $50,000 A Year or More As A Balloon Artist" and I have booked 16 parities for the next 2 months and I have finally gotten a restuarant to hire me.

I see that Dale is carry the book in his book store.

One idea from this book will more then make up for the $19.95 it cost.

Rhino you rock.

I will buy you dinner at the next convention.

Mark Edwards
mbfloyd View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-07

Quote mbfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 12:13am
ok, ya hooked me.

I bought one.

Happy now.
Magicalballoons View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-08**

Quote Magicalballoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 8:30pm

Considering the time we spend working on new balloon ART, I believe you would be farther ahead if you bought  and read Steve Rhino new book” How To Make $50,000 A Year”. I recommend you look into that possibility. If you do this, the following benefits could be realized:

- increase bookings

- get a restaurant

- benefits of local chambers

- marketing tips

In short, buying the Rhinos book makes good business sense.   

Micahel
mbfloyd View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-07

Quote mbfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 11:21am
I was disappointed in the book.

I was hoping for some new insights.

Don't get me wrong. It's was worth the $20, if only to confirm what I already knew.
Rickiddie Rick View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
07-08

Quote Rickiddie Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:01pm

Some great person said "You can't see the forest for all the tree's in the way". 

Yes, I think I have read, heard, or was told much the same things over the years; however, have not put them together and use them to reach a goal.  Sounds like the saying above but more words.

I felt Rhino's book was worth the price with pages 10 through 17.  Even at my age I need to set goals.  One goal is to give my grandchildren a copy of this book so that they don't go through life spinning their gears thinking of goal setting, but to put them down on paper.   I know two children already do, but the others need help.

Goes to say some take to goal setting with out being told or shown how, but many of us need to be shown.  Thank you Rhino, for my son and his son have given me a letter to hold for then with their goals set for the coming year.  A truly a valued gift for me. 

It is not the size of a book that makes it's worth; for words of wisdom that may be witten on just one page. 
Smile from your heart, smile often, and the world will smile along with you... Rickiddie Rick..Orland. CA USA
mbfloyd View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-07

Quote mbfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:16pm
I enjoyed the book,

But I was hoping for something more like...

"This is how you get a restaurant account. Step 1. Step 2. Step 3."

"This is how you get a corporate account. Step 1. Step 2. Step 3."

I wanted little more than "try getting corporate accounts"

graceful View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-10

Quote graceful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:20pm
For that (step 1, step 2...on how to get a restaurant) go to the podcasts and listen to Dale's instructions.  

Thanks Dale for putting that together.  Well done.  We're just expanding into that area and the suggestions were great.

Faye
http://GracefulBalloonArt.com
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:31pm
WOW, somebody listen to my podcast.smiley5
Twister
Twister

Quote passingair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 12:41pm
Before I bought Rhino's book "How To Make $50,000 or More As A Balloon Artist" I was only booking about 2 - 3 event a month.  10 days after reading this book I booked 16 events and got a restaurant.

Well now it has been a month since I bought the book and now I have booked 39 events up until Christmas and I have had to turn down a few gigs because I was already booked.  So I would of had even more gigs booked.

Also I discovered that the reason Rhino wrote this book was so that he and his wife could raise the money to adopt a child.  So by ordering the book you are help a child find a home.

The book is worth a lot more then $19.95 it will pay for itself over and over again.  I wish I would of had this book a long time ago.

I can't wait to meet Rhino in person some day and thank him personally for what he has done for me and my family.

Mark Edwards
Rob Tonto View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

03-09~

Quote Rob Tonto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 1:54pm
Well, almost. He's actually raising money to pay to go to a fertility clinic.

From his pre-sale post on BHQ:
The main reason I am finally going to press with this book is that
me and my wife are trying to have children. We can not do this
naturally and have to go to a fertility clinc and I am trying to
raise the cost for this. So by you purchasing the book you are
helping to bring a child into this world. (By the way we are trying
for triplets.) 3 little Rhino's or Rhinette's.
Twister
Twister

Quote passingair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 2:03pm
They had to settle on adopting as the fertility clinic only gave them a 15% chance so they decide that adopting was a better decision.

So buy his book and help them out.

Mark Edward
Stacey View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-07*

Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 3:04pm
I bought the book last week as much from curiosity as to help Rhino in his quest to adopt.

No, most of what is in the book isn't new - but he does have some new takes on  things I already do, and a lot of the other stuff is stuff I know I should be doing, but have been neglecting.  Overall it's well written and worth the money.  

If you're a newbie, buy this book.  If you're an old hand wanting to make more, buy this book and do the things you should have been doing all along.  And listen to Dales podcasts no matter how long you've been doing this.
Stacey K.
Balloons in and around
Kansas City
http://www.ohwowballoons.com
The Balloons-R-Fun Show
Twister
Twister

Quote passingair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 3:50pm

I can get over that everytime I read this book of Rhino's book I learn something new and book more shows from reading it.  No what he writes is not really anything new but it reminds us of what we need to do to have a successful and growing business.

I hope he get to lecture one day at a convention.

Buy the book today!!!  Don't wait.  Wish I had this books years ago.

Mark Edwards

JesterMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
04-07

Quote JesterMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:46am
After looking over the book, I have to agree with mbfloyd, almost verbatim, with a little from Stacey added in.

I found nothing Earth-shattering and new; in fact, most if not all of it I've done, am doing, or knew I should be, but haven't gotten up off my duff to do. BUT. . . I've been around off and on for over 3 decades, and one would hope that I've learned something in that time. The info is solid, if not detailed, and it is nice to have a reminder all in one place.  And, for those of you that haven't been doing this for ages, it can help point you in the 'right' direction, and maybe some of the folks here can fill in the details.
smiley20

JesterMan

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!

"destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology..." FZ

www.JesterMan.com
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
Mikec View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-07*

Quote Mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 11:08am

I love Rhino's book...

being a hobbiest and computer geek making a transition to a full time twister Rhino's book helped me start booking gigs FAST....

from doing one or two word of mouth gigs last quarter to allready having 5 parties BOOKED for Jan... and I went up on my price and am charging more than other entertainers in my area... (2 of the parties are from a referall from someone I did a party for in Dec.)

No Rhino's book isnt a NEW HIDDEN Secret... but from what I see a list of STRON marketing fundamentals that have been organized and set in a manner that if you just pick a couple of them you might have known about but havnt been doing.... and consistantly do them YOU WILL make more money this year than last....

This years goal is to match what I used to make in computers (and YES I did email my list to Rhino) and I want to double this year in 08...

I've had the opertunity to talk to Rhino on the phone a few times... and he has helped me ALOT in making my transition...

AWSOME BOOK especialy if you want to earn more money...

Don't worry about the balloon dog biting you, they worry more about you biting them..
POP!!!
Balloon Guy Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply