mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > New Entertaining Products > Books
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Seriously Silly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kens View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seriously Silly
    Posted: 11 April 2006 at 8:50pm

HI all-

Just a quick note to let you know about a book by David Kaye (a.k.a. Silly Billy) called "Seriously Silly" I had heard really good things about it so I picked it up and was very impressed. While the book is geared towards magic for Children, I can see where it offers a lot of really good insight into children and how to perform for them (and their parents) in general.

I see that Dale does not carry it, but I beleive  it is available at Tmeyers. I got mine from www.loomismagic.com (it was the best price online and I am cheap)

JAMZ View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
02-09~

Quote JAMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 10:41pm

Silly Billy is a great childrens entertainer and his book has some great insights on how to handle a lot of different things that come up

It is well worth the money and I have used some of the ideas

I don,t think but I am anyway
Guido Verhoef View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote Guido Verhoef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 9:48am

Thanks for the tip.

Will buy it! love news book.

Experience together the art of balloons
keeblem View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote keeblem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:03pm
I enjoyed this book - and there is some very useful information in it. However, if you pop over to the magic cafe, you'll find that David Kaye is NOT everyone's favourite children's entertainer. Some of the stuff that David talks about in the book would not go down well with all audiences.
Mark
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:55pm

Or, someone else using the things he talks about will not go down well with all audiences...

I've seen acts that if written down like a script or dialogue, would make me shocked and ashamed for the performer and entertainers in general, but some of them just worked with the style of the entertainer.

I'd never do anything even close to some of their routines or jokes, but just because it seems offensive or stupid to me didn;t matter at all...The audience, including the kids, lapped them up.

All depends on the delivery and mindset of the peformer...
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Seadawg View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

10-07

Quote Seadawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:15am
Even if you aren't a fan of Silly Billy, the rest of the stuff in Seriously Silly is unbeleiveable.

The sections dealing with Kids psychology and magic are worththe price and much more. If you are going to be a "Kids" entertainer, it is well worththe read.

Post Reply Post Reply